What do you really know about my country?
Ecuador is located in South America, its capital is Quito, and always has been one of the most visited countries in the region cause it really is awesome and beautiful, Im not the only one who thinks like that, I mean in the last 2 years, Ecuador has been in the best magazines for travelers, in 2013 Quito was named the best place to visit in latin america, Ecuador was named as the best green destiny of the year, and yes in 2014 Galapagos island was No 1 of the places that everyone has to visit before died!
So what do you really know about my country? If you are planning to visit, the posts I’ll be doing these weeks are gonna be usefull for you, remember I consider myself as a girl that loves art, indie and alt rock music, I’m also a chef and sommellier sooo the posts are about ecuadorian food, best places to go and music ! (yes music, you know cause this is the only blog that mixes culinary arts with music)
Soooooo lets start !
BEST PLACES TO GO AND VISIT:
Obviously Quito, its an awesome versatile and pretty colorfull sometimes, grey in a cool way city, the downtown is the biggest and the best preserved in the world so you´d better bring your cam to take pics of the churches, pictures and landscapes over there. (I highly recommend you to go with a guide, if you dont you’ll loose a lot of info that’s really interesting, and that will help you a lot to understand Ecuador actual situation)
You must go to:
- Basílica del Voto Nacional
- Calle la ronda
- All the churches hahaha they are so closed you get walking dont worry
- Casa de las artes la Ronda & Centro de Arte Contemporáneo CAC (2 awesome places to see ecuadorian contemporanean art)
- Museo Nacional (if you are a fan of history and archeology, is the biggest museum of the country)
- Zona la Mariscal (if you are looking to drink and party, if you are a hipster like me right now the only decent place has closed, so the second one is called 7 or seven, and its at republica av. and pradera corner)
- Guapulo (best place to have mind trip, but you have to go to the sight seeing place of the park of gonzales suarez, over there is beautiful, I even put a picture of my fav bench that is located over there, best place to trip ;) (if you like weed like me haha)
- Cumbaya AKA Cumbayork (if you like preppy places and shop a lot)
- Metropolitan park (to practice sports, but you can also walk a lot and you can find huge white circles is THE BEST PIECE OF ART EVER) I put a pic :)
- Mitad del Mundo - or the middle of the world, yes is a must I mean the monument that is the official is not the real one and its incorrect, soyou can stand in the line that separates the world intwo, you can take a pic, upload it and then go ask for a guide and go to the real one :)
- Caquetilla, Itchimbia, Jardín Botánico, teleférico (this one only for the view cause the service is awful, lots of people, weird ways of making things work, theres not good places to eat or drink something, but when you get to the top, it kinda worths)
- Cima de la libertad
So those are the places that I remember now, the next post will be about the best places to eat at Quito !
Go and check this video in particular its an ecuadorian band, from Quito,they are called Guardarraya and it kinda shows the city as it is :)
Over here trip these bands, also from Quito, the majority is indie alternative electropoprock bands … yes I picked videos of them that kinda show Quito
CanCan - Uio (Quito) got it?
Marley Muerto- Dorado Salmon Violeta
Munn - Espirales
Swing Original Munks - Fiesta Popular (recordered in Guapulo)
Mamá Vudu - Espuma Negra
Guardarraya - 1537 (I put it above I know, but this is another video also shows Quito a lot)
Dont forget to follow !
Next post about best places to eat and more music !